Whether you’ve been hurt in a car accident, construction accident, truck accident, or suffered from medical malpractice or nursing home neglect, Kent Hazzard, L.L.P. are personal injury lawyers who can help you get the recovery you deserve. You and your family may be facing a range of new challenges, if you’ve been injured in White Plains, New York. Kent Hazzard, L.L.P. can help you recover money for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Rehabilitative services
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
If you’ve suffered a slip and fall or a car crash, it is important to seek medical care as soon as possible. If you’ve been hurt due to another person’s neglect or negligence, we can help. Our firm can help you collect damages for injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
If you’ve been hurt and are wondering who can find me a personal injury attorney in White Plains, New York, Kent Hazzard, L.L.P. is here for you. Our firm works with victims of car accidents, catastrophic injuries, construction accidents, medical malpractice, and more. You may only have a limited amount of time to receive a recovery for your injuries. Contact our firm today.
Steps of a Personal Injury Claim in White Plains, New York
Every personal injury case is unique, which is why, if you’ve been hurt, you should seek a qualified personal injury lawyer in White Plains, New York. Yet, many cases follow a similar course. Here are some things you can expect if you’ll be making a personal injury case in the near future.
- Get medical attention. In the minutes and hours after you’ve been hurt, your first step should be to get medical care for your injuries.
- Find an accident attorney in White Plains, New York. An attorney can determine the value of your case and offer you a clear roadmap forward.
- Submitting a demand letter to negligent parties or insurers. Before you move forward with a legal complaint, your lawyer may attempt to settle your case outside of court. Making an out-of-court settlement can sometimes save you money and avoid costly litigation. A lawyer can ensure that insurance companies pay you the full value of your claim. In many cases, a well-worded demand letter can get results.
- Submitting a complaint. If you cannot settle outside of court, your lawyer will submit a legal complaint to the civil courts to begin litigation. Once the process begins, a summons will be served to the defendant. You’ll have to wait for an answer. In some cases, a complaint can result in a counter-claim or other procedures.
- Fact-finding, discovery, and other motions. Before you go to court, you and the defendant will have time to gather information. In some cases, you’ll have to undergo interrogations and submit requested documents. In other cases, you may have to submit to medical exams. A personal injury lawyer can guide you through the discovery process.
- If you go to trial, your lawyer will present your case either before a judge or jury.
The road to justice can sometimes be long. Having a White Plains, New York personal injury lawyer on your side can make all the difference. Contact Kent Hazzard, L.L.P. today to learn more.
Find Me An Accident Attorney in White Plains
Kent Hazzard, L.L.P. works closely with personal injury victims to make sure that they get the justice and settlement they deserve. If you’ve been hurt, you may only have a limited amount of time to seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact our firm today to protect your rights.